Not having added sugar isn’t that difficult. Maybe it’s because I started out slowly. These are the gradual steps I’ve gone through.
1. Started on the 21 Day Fix. Only worked on portioning – 2 months
2. Got the portioning down and started to eat clean (no processed foods except for cheat day) -1 month
3. Went on a meal plan created by my personal trainer. It has 1/2 cup of pure carbs a day, 1 portions of fruit if I don’t have a smoothie in the morning, or two portions of fruit if I have the smoothie. Lots of veggies and protein. – 1 month
4. Removed what little sugar I had on the meal plan. – still working on it.
I didn’t mean for this gradual process to happen, but I’m glad I did. I’m not in shock, I don’t crave sugar or sweet treats, I don’t feel like I’m missing anything except for the convenience of the shake.
These are the things I miss:
1. All my sauces that I use to cook with EVERY SINGLE DAY! Like, Soya Sauce (I still haven’t gotten the Tamari Sauce), fish sauce, oyster sauce, and Dry Sherri.
2. Turkey pepperettes, turkey bacon, (Yeah, I can’t believe I miss turkey bacon.), sausage.
3. My protein shake.
That’s about it. I’m eating about 1-2 fruit a day, and I don’t feel like I need any more than that. The challenge is going fine!
Here’s what I ate today:
The above is dinner. If you’ve been following me, you know that I love red cabbage. I need to have it in most of my meals. I think it’s the crunchy freshness, or maybe it’s because it’s so pretty.
My dinner was pea sprouts, red cabbage, beef patties, cauliflower with hummus and olive oil.
This was lunch. A chunk of a slice of bread with almond butter, spinach, red cabbage, tomatoes, and the beef patty.
This was breakfast: Two hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, spinach, grapes, and one small beef patty. I really, really, really, like those beef patties. You don’t need much beef to make a whole bunch of patties. They’re bulked up with chives, Gow Choy, carrots, and spinach. I make them once a week in the hopes that they’ll last me a few days, but when I have them, I eat them at EVERY meal!
I missed eating chili. I eat chili at almost every meal. This is the only chili without sugar , unless I eat the raw Thai chilies…but I think I ate too many of those in the past that my stomach can’t handle them anymore 😦 I have an entire section of my fridge devoted to chili! Oh by the way MAE, this pic is for you!
For no good reason, I felt like having bread. I found this no sugar, overnight, rustic bread recipe on Simply So Good. It came out AMAZING! However, I only used All Purpose flour the first time just so i could see how the bread would turn out. It needed a LOT more salt to it. The next versions I want to try is using quinoa flour and rye flour, and maybe adding in some blue cheese. The texture of this bread would make a FANTABULOUS Kalamata Olive bread. Oh my.
My precious little Sofia tried taking a picture of me holding my bread. She just couldn’t get the focus right, but she was so proud of this specific picture, that I had to include it into my blog. I’m so sweaty, the house was hot, but outside was hotter, and I refuse to put on the A/C just yet! My lord, look at the difference in colour between my legs and my face. Egads. Got to log off.